LA Photo: I. Nelsonii

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] LA Photo: I. Nelsonii
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:32:03 -0700

This is the Louisiana Iris - I. Nelsonii.  If I remember correctly - - this is a native species originally found to grow in Louisiana. They say that the reds found in the Louisianas are due to this one iris.  Occasionally this one has a more orange cast to it too.
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor