Re:HYB:Zonals, etc.:Conquistador and more

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re:HYB:Zonals, etc.:Conquistador and more
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:32:54 -0500

What I posted yesterday as "Re:HYB:Zonals:Matrix:Betty and whoever else is interested" contained some errors of fact which I wish to correct.
I referred to CONQUISTADOR as a parent of SAN FRANCISCO, etc.
It was a grandparent, not parent.  As a consequence, the pedigree leading to San Francisco does not require Conquistador to be a carrier of pl genes.  It may, but on the other hand, it may not.  Until the 1939 and 1949 Check Lists are fully entered into the searchable database, it is not possible to search for plicatas which come directly from the variety, and right offhand I don't know of any.  The diploid parent of Conquistador was a blue self (B1M).  Therefore, without the variety at hand to breed from, I can't say what I said yesterday with any basis in fact.
JUNE MEREDITH (which I mistyped with a Y in place of the H) was included in error in the Dykes list which have pedigrees on the HIPS site.  June Meredith was an "almost, not quite" Dykes Medalist.  The lovely lady  was in the Runners Up list more than once, however, and came close.  June Meredith is in the ancestry of many later pinks.
Lake Michigan came off my fingers with one of the "i's" as an "e."  Such errors may be somewhere in the ill-defined territory between trivial and significant.  I offer the corrections for whatever they may be worth.
Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2434971/rand=799674062