RE: 'Exit Tunnel'and zonals

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] RE: 'Exit Tunnel'and zonals
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:42:12 -0500

Here is a picture of 'Exit Tunnel' IB Chapman 2004 ( Troubadour's Song X
Suky)  Troubadour's Song is a SDB luminata. This plant likely is one glaciata
gene and three luminata genes. (pl-a,pl-lu,pl-lu,pl-lu)
With one luminata and three glaciata genes we have the luminata patterns.
With two each of glaciata and luminata genes we have Clarence and Suky types.
Exit Tunnel should be the next step in this chain. The white zonal spot is
from the action of the one glaciata gene trying to remove/prevent the
anthocyanin, acting outwards from the beard. The next step, four luminata
genes may very well be either a solid coloured self (anthocyanin based) or a
self except for the beard.

The plants with two plus dominant amoena gene are removing the anthocyanin
from the standards down. They have a wider base and not as centered around
the beard. To me they look different(looking at the falls that is).

Chuck Chapman

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Yahoo! Groups Links