  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:31:25 -0700

Bon jour, Loic,

Thank you for the lovely picture of Magical Encounter.  I grew it here for several years.  It has a really deep pink color.  Unfortunately it didn’t like to grow in my garden.  Very few of Schriner’s irises do.  I grew and bloomed seedlings from it.  Some of them had very nice bright pink blossoms, but bud count and branching was bad.  I didn’t keep any of them.

Thank you for the comment about 47-71 A.  That was its maiden bloom.  It had great substance.  Its zig-zag stalk bloomed eight blossoms over a three week period.  It has made a nice clump.  I will be interested to see what it does next spring.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9