Re: Re: HYB: Infernal Fire

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: Infernal Fire
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:06:36 -0500

<<It would need
supporting data to confirm it. >>

I don't have much, but will contribute what I have.

Vanishing Act X Pure As Gold from the 2006 crop.  Vanishing Act is plicata and can breed plicata when crossed by plicata.  I've used it a lot due to height and branching.  This cross produced a lot of seedlings but I only planted twelve.  Approximately 6 bloomed (didn't write it all down) and they were all some shade of dingy yellow to gold.  This cross gave great substance, good form, but no plicatas in this small sample.  There were another 19 seedlings left in the seedling pot, but I've no idea how many survived two years of draught.  I do hope to plant any survivors.

Betty W.
Bridge In Time
Zone 6