Re: HYB: Infernal Fire

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Infernal Fire
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:43:17 -0500

Thanks for the information.
Suggestive, but in the right direction.

Expected plicatas from plicata X plicata carrier with two plicata genes
would be one in 12

Expected plicatas from crossing two plicata carriers , each with two
plicata genes would be one in 36 .

Chuck Chapman

Re: HYB: Infernal Fire

Posted by: "Autmirislvr@aol.com"

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:06 am (PST)

<<It would need

supporting data to confirm it. >>

I don't have much, but will contribute what I have.

Vanishing Act X Pure As Gold from the 2006 crop.? Vanishing Act is
plicata and can breed plicata when crossed by plicata.? I've used it a
lot due to height and branching.? This cross produced a lot of
seedlings but I only planted twelve.? Approximately 6 bloomed (didn't
write it all down) and they were all some shade of dingy yellow to
gold.? This cross gave great substance, good form, but no plicatas in
this small sample.? There were another 19 seedlings left in the
seedling pot, but I've no idea how many survived two years of draught.?
I do hope to plant any survivors.?

Betty W.

Bridge In Time

Zone 6