REB: seedling that froze, first attempt at rebloom

Thanks for the encouragement, Griff.

I'm in zone 7b here, zone 8 a lot of winters, so it would have to be
zone 9 or a less erratic freeze prone zone 8.  I think the southwest
(dry summer) & southern CA folks can grow a lot nicer looking rebloomers
than this one.  Only one seedling from the cross had nice branching, and
while I'm not sure which one, I <think> it was this one, so that's
(hopefully) another point in its favor.

Suggestions?  Maybe Texas?  Or maybe coastal areas zone 7b/8 either
side?  Maybe I'll ask Robin if she'd like to try it.

According to my photo dates, this cross first bloomed spring 2010, lined
out fall 2012, first hint of attempted rebloom by any of them was this
fall.  Not my goal, but good to be reminded others might like some of my

> Linda  --  This is a pretty iris.  If it were my seedling, I think Iâd send
> it to a grower in a warmer area to see whether it might rebloom earlier.
> Meanwhile, Iâd certainly use it in my own breeding.  Some of my
> introductions which are vulnerable to early freezes here bloom a month
> earlier just a couple of hundred miles further south and do very well in
> the southwest.  I consider them a success even if they give more frequent
> and longer pleasure to others than they do here in their home ground.   --
> Griff

Encouraged by seedlings from sibs crossed back onto Imm, first of
which/whom ;-) rebloomed early this year.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7

the control of the moderator of this list.

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: