ADMIN:Pretty Park Worm

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

jervis2 wrote:
> From: "jervis2" <jervis2@eggconnect.net>
> Hi John re message virus alert do we know the sender of the exe i took the
> address as Earnest at royal2@wk.net
> as some alerted abuse at onelist.com
> i myself did not open it but i did look at the attachments properties i hope
> that did not let the virus in to my system?

You are correct in identifying the sender of the infected message.
Earnest sent me an apology and I have addressed that issue in a separate message.

As to whether or not "examining the properties of the .exe file enabled
it to infect your system, I cannot say in this particular case, though I
doubt it.

However, I would recommend to all (PC users) that they update their
virus scan programs and scan their systems, or go to one of the web
sites I have previously emailed out and follow the steps to see if there
are any traces of the virus in their system.

Let me be very clear, now that we know about this worm, I believe that
it is a responsiblity of every member iris-photos to take adequate steps
to eliminate this worm from their systems and prevent it from being sent
to this list again.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS
AIS Special Committee for Electronic Member Services

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Why wait for a credit decision?  Get one instantly!  Apply for
the Capital One 9.9% Fixed APR Visa Platinum!