Re: ADMIN: Pretty Park Worm

From: Kenneth Walker <kenww@pacbell.net>

The rule I use on a PC is I **NEVER** open a .exe attachement unless I'm
confident of its **ORIGIN**. Even if a good friend sends me a picture in the
form of a .exe, I delete the message without opening the attachment. There is
even some risk that their computer is infected with something that can invade an

attachement that was clean when they received it.

When you run (open) an .exe file on a PC you are giving it complete
control of your computer to do whatever it wants! On the other hand,
opening a .jpg file is pretty safe. The .jpg file does not, itself, do anything.

Some program on you computer just displays it. A virus would have to
exploit some bug in a particular version of the particular program that
displays the image to you for it to do anything harmful.

Remember: always check the file type of the attachment and if its a .exe,

   Ken Walker

Get one email address for all your friends!
Start a free email group on eGroups!