(Gerry) Naming the iris

Thanks, Gerry... good information to know. I might have suggested "Passion's Blush" for three words or less... next time I'll know.

I'll vote for "Twist of Twilight."

Is there any restriction on use of proper names, particularly copyrighted or patented names? I wonder about Harry Potter?

I've begun a drawing of an iris but before I get much farther I'll need permission of the gardener. I think this one came from Margot's Gardens. If not, I may need to change the color and a bit of the shape, but it's breathtaking.

My search for a flower began when I was looking for a large, watercolor painting or print for our formal entry. We have a high 20 foot ceiling and it needed to be dramatic, but I didn't want to lose the elegance of the flower by reaching for drama. Everything I saw seemed to be very harsh or not realistic, and after extensive searching I decided to do one myself. It'll take several studies before I'm ready to go to canvas, but I adore the lacy, variegated leaves, and the delicacy if the entire blossom.

Wow.

I can't imagine how I ever thought flowers were boring. Whatever was I thinking?? Sheesh.

deb