Re: Re: unknown lilac iris and Sapphire Hills

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: unknown lilac iris and Sapphire Hills
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:54:58 -0800

Just me getting on my soap box again. Remember that the only way to
figure out the name of an unknown is to grow the candidate iris
side-by-side with what you have. Pictures are always deceiving and even
in the garden, differences can be very subtle .

Pearl Doyle wrote:

> Thanks Neil, I'll look for that one too. When I looked for amethyst
> Flame last night ( I didn't find it Mike, do you still have that
> picture?) I pulled up one called His Royal Highness that looked very
> similar.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: