Re: TB: Mart Iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Mart Iris
  • From: "Robert Dickow" dickow@uidaho.edu
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:18:33 -0800

Don't buy iris from KMart bins or garden center open bins, if you wan't to
know what you have.

I bought a whole slew of rhizomes from open bins at 'reputable' retail
garden marts, from open bins. The rhizomes are in bins with nice pictures
above them. Problem is... folks pick up the rhizomes, check them out, then
can't remember from which bin they picked them up. Result: 90% of the plants
are mixed up. I bought 9 rhizomes the last time I tried this, and only 10%
of them were correctly identified.

Bob Dickow
Moscow, Idaho