Re: TB: Cupids Arrow

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Cupids Arrow
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerrysnyder@attbi.com
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:56:25 -0800

> Margie Valenzuela wrote:
> Here are 2 photos of Cupids Arrow.  Currently reblooming.  I'm
> enjoying it indoors. This is my first year for growing it.  Have any
> of you grown this?  How does it grow for you?

Great pix--thank you for sharing them with us.

A very pretty iris, and if a regular rebloomer something more of us
should grow.

I especially like the way you put the ID on the pic, but not on the iris

My own preference for form is what I think of as a "fat-bellied figure
eight" with the standards domed and matching the falls in shape, more or
less. This is a great-looking bloom, however, and the standards seem to
have good substance, and if it rebloomed for me I would sure keep
growing it.

Thanx again,

American Iris Society Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair, and Director
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA zone 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19