Re: RE:Plicatas & Luminatas

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "grower" <grower@q...> wrote:
> Here is Keith Keppel's description of what a plicata is.
> Cindy Rivera
> Los Lunas, NM

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the refresher course.  I enjoyed Keith's easy going
presentation of these two interesting topics.

It looks like my iris is indeed a plic.  It's most evident before the
flower opens as the veining is more apparent on the under side of the
falls.  It then soon after becomes a ghost plic.

I may have to ask my friend for a start back now that I find this
iris more intriguing ;-)  I decided to give the clump away because of
its poor manners, it didn't like sharing garden space with some of
the less vigorous growers.