Re: (no subject)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: (no subject)
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:10:49 -0500

Karl, as easily handled as irises are, I wouldn't be surprised if the very first modern humans that came out of Africa into the Middle East some 60,000 years ago picked up a few and stuck them in the ground by their homes or on graves.  Bearded irises were growing in the wild in Mesopotamia and would have been obvious attractors of interest to the human eye and voracious curiosity natural to our kind.
Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

Web Bug from http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1108995107243938