Luminata/ Variegata? or Nore of the Above

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Luminata/ Variegata? or Nore of the Above
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:54:09 +0000

This is a seedlings of mine, a child of Thornbird.  99BL46 Western Rainbow X Thornbird
Bare with me - Variegata-Yellow standard and maroon or brown falls
It has the yellow standards and maroon in the falls
Luminata - The reverse pattern of a plicata, with darker ground color and white edges, veins around beards. No white edges and I guess the ground color being yellow isn't darder 1out of 3  It is the reverse of a plicata with the veins around the beard.
What would you say it is beside ready for the compost pile.  It did look pretty good on the stalk.  Three buds open at once with a total of 9 buds.  As you can see I had to take the picture from above so the veination would show up in the picture.  The falls are more flared.
Sorry Colleen, I think the picture is about 75kb,oops, and I don't have a clue how to shrink it down.  I guess I'd better learn.  To dependant on the kids.
Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here