Re: Luminata/ Variegata? or Nore of the Above

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Luminata/ Variegata? or Nore of the Above
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:53:22 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:53:22 -0700

Interesting creature.
The color is odd enough that you might get some takers on it.  The purple ends on the horns/beards, and the SA characters might make it popular.  The three tone orange, yellow and purple in the beard is interesting.  Have to admit, I'm not crazy about it, since I like bright contrasting colors best (usually), even so it is strangely appealing.
Looks like a version of one of the common variants of the plicata pattern to me, also qualifying as a variegata, but I can't see anything luminata about it, even in my loose interpretation of the word.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=149519296

Yahoo! Groups Links