Re: Re: email that was named "hello" - was it real?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: email that was named "hello" - was it real?
  • From: Debby d.j.nelson@sasktel.net
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:48:40 -0600

My 2 cents worth... I had AVG but wasn't happy... it scans far less files in my computer than other programs do so something might be missed. I thought Norton was working pretty well - until I tried a new program and scanned my computer before un-installing Norton and it said I was clear. Then I scanned again when I installed my new program and it found and removed several virus in my system.
What I use now is Panda Internet Security.  It doesn't update every few days - it updates several times every day. As new virus show up, they're already writing code to protect against it. They're really on top of what's going on out there.
It also comes with a firewall. It has alerted me to numerous attempts to scan or hack into my computer - and blocked the attempts automatically.
It wasn't free like AVG, I think I paid about $10 on ebay. Worth every penny.

Hi Neil,

I have found a really good free virus protection.  Keeps out most of those type of emails.  Also, Trend has a free Virus search and Spyware search.  I would not buy from them again.

The Old Coot put AVG in front of his incoming and outgoing E-Mails. It causght the Hello bug, and I'm glad I switched. They automatically updage every seeveral days so stay current. My Norton missed theDooms day bug and wiped out my computer. and it was fromusing my ISP URL.Thank God for AVG....

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=359229349

Yahoo! Groups Links