Re: Spuria Identification

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Spuria Identification
  • From: Lawrence & Helen Lacey lacey@avalon.net
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 04:26:31 -0600

This is a 283 page 8 1/2X11" spiral bound colored book that Bob Pries compiled, edited and published on his own computer for the Spuria Iris Society.  I perused his first working copy at the Regional in Sioux Falls last fall and liked it so much I decided to order.  Because Bob had told me to do it that way, I tried to order it through Jim Hedgecock, but on Sept. 2 last year he would not accept my money.  He said he already had 50 disappointed Spuria Irisarians clamoring for their book, having waited over 6 months to no avail.  He had no idea when or if Bob would get it done and in the mail.  When I asked him who would take my money he suggested the treasurer of the Society, so I sent it to Joanne in Arizona.  Then wonder of wonders, Sat. before last it arrived n the mail.  Mine is #31 of the limited first edition.  No, it is not online and Bob told me he didn't trust the permanence of digital records for something like this.