Re: CULT: best orange

In a message dated 2/11/2007 11:35:36 A.M. Central Standard Time, jgcrump@cox.net writes:
<<Are there any out there in the RHS 28A - 32A range? >>
I think I've seen something in the 29A range, but probably didn't classify them as orange in my mind.  More like peach or apricot.  Again, as to intensity, I think Gratuity comes closer to these colors.
For my area or at least for me, Orange is a difficult class to breed.  Partly because they are so late and partly because most don't grow well here.
Going on memory alone, I think Orange Impact may be in this group.  It's not planted in the same area as the ones I was surveying the day I chose Gratuity, and I don't think it was blooming then.  Very late iris.  Huge rhizomes and excellent increase with a gorgeous bloom.  Maybe it would grow taller for you.
My list is mainly those that have survived through the years.  I also have Day Glow & Game Plan but I don't think they fit the color.  Anyway I don't have pictures of them.  I've usually grown tired of taking pictures before the orange open the first bloom!
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives
iris-talk archives