HYB: New seedlings under cover

  • Subject: HYB: New seedlings under cover
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:10:03 -0700

Here are the three rows that I planted this winter.  The one on the right was planted Dec. 9.  I had to take the cover off to remove weeds.  I have just a little better than 50% germination in it now, and I am hoping that there are more to come.  As usual there is great difference in the germination of different crosses.  I am very disappointed in Wearing Rubies X Pink Champagne.  Though both of these are vigorous irises in my garden, only seven of thirty seeds are up, and they look very small and weak.  The Cloud Reflection babies seem large and vigorous.  Only the largest are visible in this picture.  They are 2 ½ inches high and have three leaves.

The white poles are for holding up a six foot high shade screen that I will roll out to protect them when the temperature goes to 110+ degrees.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News