Re: Barbara My Love seedling

  • Subject: Re: Barbara My Love seedling
  • From: "flatnflashy" <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:31:04 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "orders at Sutton's" <orders@...>

I am not as educated as I should be about rims, but I count 4.

I see a brown rim, and a fine mulberry line. Then there's this icicle
lavender rim just inside- and only slightly wider than- the mulberry.
But inside that I "sense" a darker ring. Look at the right side of
the picture, directly in front of that little pleated ruffle on the
rear facing fall, see that dark reddish indigo? In the picture you
want to believe that this is only a shadow...but...

Perhaps you have seen those Anatomy and Physiology flip charts where
the different systems, Skeletal, Muscular, Circulatory, etc. are
printed on a clear piece of plastic. Each page you flip overlays the
deeper systems...so you can see how they are all related... My urge
is to peel back the white veining, and that silver/white wash.

Oh well, you're probably already working on it. By the way I love
the parent.

> A while back there was a thread about Barbara My Love having a
bunch of reblooming genes. Interestingly enough we have a badly
frost-burned stalk of it trying to bloom right now, first attempt at
rebloom that I have seen on it. This seedling made it through the
high 20s and opened last week. It is a bit damaged but the colors
come through very nicely. We have had a lot of rebloom out of the
offspring of Seedling # T433 which is Bride's Blush X Barabara My
Love. producing an amazing amount of different colored double rimmed
kids. This one is T-433 X ((Fogbound x Winds Of Change) x Grand