Re: My first 2009 Iris

  • Subject: Re: My first 2009 Iris
  • From: "Iris" <iris@syix.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:19:30 -0800

Hi Ted,

We live about 25 miles North of Sacramento off highway 99.  The town is called Nicolaus but it really is not a town. No store, no bank, no gas station, use to have one but it is closed.  What we do have is a bar and a post office.

Also look in to the possibility that the iris might be one called Cycles.  I love that iris but I think it was more twisted on the top.  It was in one of our rows that had to come out due to a county road and major highway expansion.  I was not able to dig them all and get them replanted in a timely manner.  I am afraid that we have lost it.  I want to say that Cycles was a Denney or McWhirter intro. For some reason I think that it was Jim McWhirter's iris.  Do you have some old catalogs to check in?

I am still leaning towards City Lights, most of the time I have a good memory BUT not always.  I think that City Lights was a Dunn intro.  I think it was Mary Dunn's.  Mary has passed away her husband Bob has introduced some also but I am pretty certain that it was Mary's.  Please speak up if anyone knows different.  Check to see if it is scented and also if it is purple based.  Sometimes that can help with identifying an iris.