Re: 3 more PCI's

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Dennis wrote:
>I really liked the #1 photo with the "dusted" look to it.

Do you mean the 3rd photo in the first group of 3? Brown, with recurved
falls. This is my favourite, but it is slow to increase. All of them had one
fault or another. One plant had such long thin stems, that the huge flowers
bent right over to the ground. Some had tiny little blooms, hidden in the
foliage, and some had very little substance, collapsing after a few hours.
None set seed, so they won't be passing on those faults for the time being.

Do you grow yours outdoors?  Or in a greenhouse?

I always start them indoors in jiffy pots, then plant them out into large
pots, in groups of 4 or 5 plants. They live under a large shady tree. This
year I planted some into the garden, and they are doing well. I discovered
how fine their roots are. They are like fine hairs, and the soil just fell
off as I removed them from their pots!
Cheers, Jan