Re: CAT: Sutton Catalog

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: CAT: Sutton Catalog
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:23:03 -0500

<First of March, sorry to disappoint you!  >

Oh well, I can use last year's I suppose & it keeps me from rushing out
to buy more stuff before I see how last year's things pull thru.

<Hear you are freezing just about everything that isn't indoors.  How
cold are you?  We are a balmy 45 today, started out at 44 and will end
up at 46....what a temp swing huh?  Mike>

What's the emoticon for a big raspberry? $#@!***?  It wasn't quite as
bad last night & today as some of the forecasts (which were all over the
place - they obviously didn't know what it was going to do).  Low was a
balmy +4oF, high today wa a whisker above freezing.  Not enough snow to
protect all the irises this time.  Forecast is all over the place again
for Sunday night - either it's going to snow, or rain, or not do
anything, temperatures are either going to be near freezing, +14, or
+7.  Then back into the 60s mid week and more snow & cold again at the
end of the week.

And it's not just outdoors things are freezing - temps on the 'sun
porch' dropped to 30 last night.

This is a 'normal' winter here - which we haven't had in a while.

I wonder how much a round trip ticket to CA would cost....
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
Updates on migrant whooping cranes: