Re: Re: HYB: Paul Hill sdlngs

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: Paul Hill sdlngs
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" <lacedgables@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:11:34 -0800 (PST)

Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net> wrote:

And I am <really> glad to see a hybridizer in Georgia - looking forward
to hearing reports on which of your creations thrive in both gardens.
You have moved to a difficult climate, especially for medians, I think.

Dear Linda:  Thanks for the note, and yes it is very difficult to grow many of the SDB's as well as many TB's, mostly because of the endless variety of diseases that are so devastating to Iris...Many Iris melt under the summer conditions, and I don't mean melt like under heat,,, more like pea soup....Many of Barry Blyths things just will not work here.  Some will.  But some do very well here and it is just finding the right ones...My biggest problem is shade...I have to much of it in my present yard....I'm hoping that between the NY garden and the yard here I'll be able to test seedlings without loosing them all together...Paul

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links