Re: Re: Glaciata

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Glaciata
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" <lacedgables@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:28:17 -0800 (PST)

Hensler <hensler@povn.net> wrote:
>Does any one know of other glaciata medians out there?
I'm watching one BB sized seedling out of an old unidentified TB, white with brilliant yellow shoulders, crossed to OLD FLAME that might be described as such. I'm a bit fuzzy about the exact definition of "glaciata". Can anyone refresh my memory?

Christy

Christy:   As I understand it a glaciata comes out of plicata breeding and is recessive...It has no haft lines at all not even into the deepest heart...and has no luminata markings (also recessive of plicata)  This absence of haft marks make the flower very clean looking, and as I understand it is common for them to have a little yellow or pink coloring at the shoulders.  Keith Keppel is the one to really ask though.   Paul

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links