Re: Glaciata Median seedling - Chapman

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Glaciata Median seedling - Chapman
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:40:03 -0500

"J. Paul Hill" <lacedgables@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Margie Valenzuela <IrisLady@comcast.net> wrote:I'm curious - - On Glaciatas - is it a fact that  there are never any lines on
>the shoulders or near the beard?  (Not even lines of the same color?)
>Margie V.
>Oro Valley, AZ.
>Zone 8/9
>Margie:  Glaciata are by definition without any haft marks or it wouldn't be a glaciata....And they are rare...one on the
>other things that makes them so exciting when they appear in the garden....Paul Hill
>Do you Yahoo!?
>Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!
It is generally true that glaciatas don't have haft marks . Definatly never any anthocyanin (purple & blue pigments). I have
been getting a large number of luminata SDB with yellow haft marks and have had considerable conversation with Paul Black and
Keith Keppel about this as per definition it shouldn't be there. No final conclusions on this. Keith was to look at my plants
when in bloom to see for himself and is keeping an open mind on this. This is with my strange "ringed plicatas". If true with
luminata then it could also be possible with glaciatas. At least with SDB. Havn't seen any yet.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: