orange ground SDB

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] orange ground SDB
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" <lacedgables@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:53:20 -0800 (PST)

       I wanted to share this little guy with you....1101-F (Chanted x Music)
I felt it was worth keeping for two reasons...first was the orange ground color, second was the branching...This is only 11" tall and look at the shape of the stalk!  The lower blossom comes out of a branch below the bottom edge of the photo...I made a bunch of crosses and watched the growing seed pods with great anticipation, until one day they were just gone!  I found them scattered a few feet away with little squirrl teeth marks in them!  The seeds were not ripe and I had to toss them.....That is the first time I ever had that happen to my seed pods...I look at Squirrls differently now.....Paul

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links