Re: RE Chubby Cheeks x Fancy Woman

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] RE Chubby Cheeks x Fancy Woman
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" <lacedgables@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:14:17 -0800 (PST)

irischapman@netscape.net wrote:

"Have you considered that the one with yellow rim and violet luminata wash in center of falls might be a luminata? The violet is washed and in the center of the fall. iIf it was at the edge the edge would be red or brown, a combination of the violet and yellow.

--

_Chuck:  No I hadn't.. Like I said before, the variety of results were a little unknown to me and hard to describe....and you know now that I went back to my photo archives and found a full portrait I seems obvious to my now. I think that it is.  The shoulders were a little narrow and the hafts too rusty brownish so I passed on it.  So much hindsight...This is one of the reasons I really like having photographs of all the seedlings from a cross, I can learn from them even when they are not in bloom....I was so busy with other wonders that I overlooked that detail....Thanks  Paul

I'll enclose a better straight forward photo that is clearer....