Re: HYB: Pickle shaped pods

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: Pickle shaped pods
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:47:40 -0500

Thanks for posting that interesting pod photo, Elm.  I was startled to
see this photo - the pod looks exactly like the pods I got on LIGHTNING
RIDGE.  I had never seen pods shaped like that.

Now I wonder if LR has some aril/regelia 'blood', and if that might be
part of why she is so stubborn about setting pods & seed germination.
And part of her drought tolerance here.  Barry B told me he ran into
problems using LR for hybridizing....

Or if LR just happens to have long skinny pods because both regelias and
TBs share a lot of the gene pool.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links