Re: Re:HYB: seedling 962K1

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re:HYB: seedling 962K1
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:13:47 -0500

Neil  --  It's interesting that you, Paul and Chuck should all suggest Blyth irises.  Thanks to each of you for the information and suggestions.  I'm partial to Blyth irises and have several, but MAN ABOUT TOWN isn't among them. Thanks for your generous offer to share from among your struggling survivors,  but rather than that, I may select from another of his creations (or derivatives of them) that I have here.  They include AURA LIGHT,  BEACH GIRL, CHINESE TREASURE, TOWN CLOWN, BEAU ZAM, ELECTRIQUE, KNIGHTED, AFFAIRE, WITCHING, NIGHT GAME (Keppel), NIGHT ATTACK (Ghio) and CHAMPAGNE ELEGANCE (Niswonger).  And I think it's time to get some more, but I'd like to buy plants that are already acclimated to the U.S., rather than direct from Oz.  These would include WEARING RUBIES, ANTIQUITY, IN THE STARS, LOUISA'S SONG, WILD VISION, ABOUT TOWN, SOFIA, YES,  and ARIANNA.  Anyone know where these might be available in this quarter of the world?  --  Griff