Re: Re: Seedling 1000-B

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Seedling 1000-B
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" lacedgables@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:59:58 -0800 (PST)

irischapman@netscape.net wrote:

It took me a fair while to see what it was myself.
The last ones you posted with brown rim are related but I don't call them ringed plicatas as the brown is a blend of yellow and blue/violet. I classify the ones with yellow rims and blue in center as ringed plicatas.
One of the characteristics seen with luminatas is the fading of colour at the rim. The brown rim are yellow rims with regular plicata and definatly closely related. The problem with the ringed plicata is the prescence of haft marks which I see as coming from the yellow rather then the anthocyanin. Jury is out on this.  Could cross the brown rimed with yellow rimmed but may loose the luminata pattern.

Chuck: I see what you're talking about now...I was responding to what I saw as different without really seeing it as seperate as you have pointed out!  I am fairly confindent from the mix of seedlings that I have, all from somewhat related parantage, that if I take the best from these and crosss them(cousins)then I should see some of the seperations of patterns along with the better branching.  Then I would back cross to the better of the parents....and always back to Chanted, just to see what would happen....That little guy is pure magic!   Paul

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Yahoo! Groups Links

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links