Re: Best Japanese Irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Best Japanese Irises
  • From: GormleyGreenery@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:23:55 EST

In a message dated 1/30/2004 3:02:48 PM Central Standard Time, judyhunt1@bellsouth.net writes:
< If you were to choose only twelve that would show the most diversity and the most development which cultivars would you choose? Each suggestion must be accompanied by a picture.>
A couple that come to mind quickly, Robert, are "Oriental Eyes" and "Bellender (or Bellander) Blue", both of which are Payne Medal winners.  I don't have digital photos of them, but can probably locate them online unless some list members have them
Judy Hunt
Bellender Blue photo is on the SJI website http://www.socji.org/awards.htm and Oriental Eyes is on Ensata's website www.ensata.com
Lorena Reid was gracious to give SJI REVIEW the whole library of her slides transformed to digital a couple of years ago so if anyone needs a JI picture, we probably have it!!
Rita Gormley
Gormley Greenery
Cedar Hill, MO
AIS Region 18, Zone 5