Re: TB:Form

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]TB:Form
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:27:05 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2005 11:02:58 A.M. Central Standard Time, IrisLady@comcast.net writes:
But, this iris different, it is almost like a "novelty"
Margie, this iris did trigger my thoughts but was not the reason for my question.  I've been kicking this question around in my mind for several weeks.  More so as I look at videos of gardens.  I think the Mid-America seedling is beautiful.  (Even wondered if it has Pin Pincurls or Funny Girl in it??)  It could be that the standards appear shorter due to the tight lace.  I'd have to see the bud open to be sure.
In years past, I've pitched seedlings because of either short or long standards!
I'm always curious to know if trends are changing OR if hybridizers are pushing the envelope.  In the case of the wild hafts, I believe (?) this all started with Ghio's NOTORIOUS in 1991.  He took a chance!  People liked it and the rest is history!
I've seen other trends that didn't stick.

Yahoo! Groups Links