Re: TB: Average Height

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]TB: Average Height
  • From: Walter Pickett waltseed2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:15:18 -0800 (PST)

Actually, I meant I'd be dead and buried in 100 years.  But if I am alive and looking up at taller iris, that would be OK too.

The Lobergs <loberg@adelphia.net> wrote:
    That's interesting Walter, I'm guessing you mean they'll be getting taller and taller.  Surely there must be a limit?   Does anyone know if an analysis of the irises of the early 1900's, in terms of height, vs. the average heights of the most popular irises today?   Have the average heights increased?
    I do know, back in the 70's, I had an old iris, name unknown, handed down to me, that filled a row, which was probably the tallest iris I'd ever known.  It was a light muted rose in color.  I didn't keep it because I thought the form was terrible and newer things quickly replaced it over time.
   What forms do you suppose we'll be looking at in 100 years from now?
I expect I'll be looking up at them instead of down.  The colors won't be so impressive from that angle.

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links