Re: Analysis of MV's sedlings Part one Tangerine

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Analysis of MV's sedlings Part one Tangerine
  • From: "irischap" irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:49:31 -0000

> The epistatic t could be carried along in the complex blue breeding
by Schreiners (as well as others) without visible expression, as the
only Carotenes present have been in the beard.  Phenotypically
expressed tangerine beards on blues where the Carotenes are only
weakly present in beards and a few haft lines hidden under the
standards could easily be overlooked in the thousands of seedlings
grown by the Schreiners each year.

> This may or may not be relevant to your thinking, Chuck.  I offer
the above only because I think it <may> have relevance.

> Neil Mogensen  z  7 western NC mountains

Thanks Neil. This helps explain some things.

Margie:  I did mean to say Flights of Fancy. A slip of the tongue
......er fingers?

I need some more input here before going further. I'm not interested
in listening to my own thoughts.
In the F1 (Sapphire Blue X Pencil Sketch) ther were two tangerine
factor (pink). what does this say about dosages of t in the parents?
In the  seedling batch, out of of 19 plants we have two possible
tttt, #8 and # 11. What do these numbers tell us of what number of t
is present in SH-parent?

I'd like to get at least three guesses at this before proceeding.
Don't be shy. Just listening (reading) won't be as helpfull as jumping
in and trying to sort it all out for yourselves.

Chuck Chapman