Re: Re: Analysis of MV's sedlings Part one Tangerine

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Analysis of MV's sedlings Part one Tangerine
  • From: crook zone1_5@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:47:17 -0800 (PST)

 Hi Chuck
--- irischap <irischapman@netscape.net> wrote:

> I need some more input here before going further.
> I'm not interested
> in listening to my own thoughts.
> In the F1 (Sapphire Blue X Pencil Sketch) ther were
> two tangerine
> factor (pink). what does this say about dosages of t
> in the parents?
> In the  seedling batch, out of of 19 plants we have
> two possible
> tttt, #8 and # 11. What do these numbers tell us of
> what number of t
> is present in SH-parent?
>
> I'd like to get at least three guesses at this
> before proceeding.
> Don't be shy. Just listening (reading) won't be as
> helpfull as jumping
> in and trying to sort it all out for yourselves.

  Firstly Chuck I am making assumptions as I`m very
poor with a computer and don`t know how to get into
the sites archives; by the time your message caught my
attention I had already deleted the seedlings and
references to the genealogy from my mail box. So every
thing I have below could be completely out to lunch.
Even if I have the correct genealogy it could still be
out to lunch.
 It takes 4t in a cultivar to visually express the t
and I assume that SH & FW are  SB x PS  parents

 FW has four t
4t x 2t = one out of six seedlings with 4t - so
4t x 1t should = at least one out of nine seedlings
with 4t;  thus SH should have 1t as the F1 cross
produced 2 out of 19 seedlings with 4t. Of course this
2 of 9 break could go up or down with seedlings that
may have been lost or remained un-germinated. It can`t
have 0t as SP and PS would then only be 2t each which
would produce only 1 of 36 seedlings with 4t.
I would guess that SB and PS would be 2t and 3t.
 PS has 2 phenotype
 SH has ? phenotype probably none

 Darm

http://my.yahoo.com