Re: Miah Jane

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Miah Jane
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:55:47 -0500

Go figure - 2004 was the most spectacular iris bloom and pod set year I
ever hope to have, here in the iris "vale of despair".  MJ doesn't like
it here, has not done well, but has lived.  Last year was the first time
it has bloomed -stalks were not good.  Also my first year to see the
iris borer.

So, farther south than Neil's place or in topography where freezes are
more erratic, it might not do as well.  It is spectacular in its home
garden, just 50 miles north of here.

And don't forget IMMORTALITY, Neil - you said it did spectacularly also,
thriving on all that rain.

Neil said:
<  My attempts at crosses last year failed--as did amost all others in
many attempts.  2004 was not
                   "an iris'year"--Miah Jane and Paris Fashion were two
of the wonderful exceptions to what was a
                   very disappointing season due to weather.  I've
referred to the season as "the year that wasn't.">

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links