Re:SPU:Strange Growth

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re:SPU:Strange Growth
  • From: "Patrick Orr" irisdude@msn.com
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:52:37 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:52:37 -0700

A good friend wrote me back with the answer...
"This happens a lot in orchids and tree aloes, but can happen in any plant.  I think the botanical term is, intercalary inflorescence.   It's not rare, just strange when it happens."
a more common term for it could be vegetative growth
Patrick Orr
Phoenix, AZ  Zone 9