From: Patrick Orr <irisdude@msn.com>
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:52:37 -0700
Subject: [iris-photos] Re:SPU:Strange Growth

   A good friend wrote me back with the answer...

   "This happens a lot in orchids and tree aloes, but can happen in any
plant. I think the botanical term is, intercalary inflorescence. It's
not rare, just strange when it happens."

 a more common term for it could be vegetative growth

 Patrick Orr
 Phoenix, AZ Zone 9