Re: CULT: rebloom

  • Subject: Re: CULT: rebloom
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:28:57 -0500

Margie  --  HAUNTING is a very late bloomer, both in spring and fall, and until this last year, I've never made a cross with it.  At present, I have 44 seeds planted from a pod on HAUNTING by sdlg 02B1 (photo attached), whose background is TRUDY, WABASH, SWEETER THAN WINE and STARRING.  02B1 has stirred some interest among local bybridizers because of the chocolate-y crests on its styles.

I've gathered some pollen from HAUNTING in the past few weeks and frozen it, so we'll see what happens next season.  I'd love to get a cross between HAUNTING and its sibling, sdlg 984U9 (also attached), but haven't been able to get a pod either way so far.  I'll say a little bit more about rebloomers in a separate message.  --  Griff