RE: Any other photos of Barbara My Love "Kids"

  • Subject: RE: Any other photos of Barbara My Love "Kids"
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:40:58 -0700

Here is a sibling of the Barbara My Love X Cast of Characters seedling that I posted a couple of days ago.  B had a shorter stalk with fewer buds and less vigorous growth than A, but I really liked its form and colors.  I only had five from that cross.  One I did not like, so its gone.  Two didn’t bloom last spring, but since I want to see them, they got moved away from their vigorous sibling.  I hope they bloom this spring.

I haven’t made any more crosses with BYL, but I have just planted seeds from several I made with Cast of Characters as the pollen donor.  Pod parents are Happenstance, Life of Riley, Pond Lily and Polish Princess and only four seeds from Lady Friend.  I feel that CoC passes on its extravagant ruffles.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9