Re: Any other photos of Barbara My Love "Kids"

  • Subject: Re: Any other photos of Barbara My Love "Kids"
  • From: "jackcarter" <jackcarter@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 22:18:32 -0000

Francelle,

Pardon my ignorance, but the soil in this picture looks
like very dry, cracked clay. I thought optimal bearded iris
health depended on good drainage. Am I missing something here
or is the drainage part overstated?

Jack

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "FRANCELLE EDWARDS"
<fjmjedwards@...> wrote:

> Here is a sibling of the Barbara My Love X Cast of Characters
seedling that I posted a couple of days ago. B had a shorter stalk
with fewer buds and less vigorous growth than A, but I really liked
its form and colors. I only had five from that cross. One I did not
like, so its gone. Two didnâ??t bloom last spring, but since I want
to see them, they got moved away from their vigorous sibling. I hope
they bloom this spring.

> I havenâ??t made any more crosses with BYL, but I have just planted
seeds from several I made with Cast of Characters as the pollen donor.
Pod parents are Happenstance, Life of Riley, Pond Lily and Polish
Princess and only four seeds from Lady Friend. I feel that CoC passes
on its extravagant ruffles.