JI: "Sue Jo" (Delmez 2003)

  • Subject: JI: "Sue Jo" (Delmez 2003)
  • From: "Cordesview" <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:53:14 -0500

Hello everyone!

It's been a terribly long time since I've been actively involved in the list . . . but I have been "lurking" here!

I don't see too many Beardless iris posted on the site, which is a pity.  Even though I have a REALLY difficult time growing Japanese Iris, I had a totally wonderful experience at our Region 6 "Spring" Meeting last July 1-2, 2006, which was focused exclusively on Japanese Iris.

I have several photos from the tour, and many are close-ups to see specific features of the blooms.  Others exhibit the size of the gargantuan clumps that grew in the Kalamazoo, MI, area of Region 6.

Attached are two photos of SUE JO (Delmez 2003), which was voted "Best Out-of-Region Iris."  The detailed photo shows some exquisite "sails" that protruded off the styles or style-crests of the JI.

This photo taken at Ensata Gardens.

Enjoy!
Adam~

Adam Cordes