Re: Re:Let't improve the register!

  • Subject: Re: Re:Let't improve the register!
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:42:49 +0100

"my forays in German, French and Spanish have made
it clear that there is often no direct translation
from one language to another, especially when it comes
to a artistic description."

Hello Jack

Here's the line concerning translation  in the "forbiden" part of the registration rules :

k) Names translated from the original language.
(They should be transliterated as necessary instead.)

So that should help solve the problem of impossible translations!

"The problem will come with mixing different alphabets.
I'm not sure how arabic will come across."

The cyrillic alphabet is not used for the Russian introductions.
They are using the Latin one instead, i guess the transcription reffers only to the sound of the word.
(We might then get  different spellings of the same russian word, depending on the accent of the speaker. It's a risk.)

But for other alphabets, it could work as it works with the Cyrillic one.

Very pretty photo, i can almost smell it, it feels so real!
But i can't help you for identification.
All my pictures data of hundreds of good oldies vanished when the computer crashed last year!

loic