Re: Homonymy

  • Subject: Re: Homonymy
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:01:04 +0100

"To avoid these difficulties, I suggest that when a name is expressed in anyone else language but English, the originator gives the English translation of this name. "
This makes absolute sense!
The registrars cannot know every single language spoken on the planet, and knowing the meaning of the name might make things easier.
Of course, to double check the translation would be out of the question, and if inacuracy should occur, it would be the sole responsability of the breeder who would have to bare the shame for ever, so translations'd better be accurate!
Thanks for joining the debate from my side of the Atlantic, feels great!