Pure Innocence
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Here's an Iris I've been trying to pollinate for two years in a row. No success yet.

I wish I had a clump photo of it, too! Nice, waxy substance. Consistent horns, even though the description indicates it should have flounces. I would venture to say, from observations in my garden, that acquiring Space-Age irises with larger appendages (say, "flounces" versus "horns") will result in a greater chance of seeing those appendages in my Michigan garden. I do not see flounces very often here, but they do occur. I'll send a photo to you all when I find one! :-)

This iris is a pure keeper, for sure.

Happy January!

Adam~

PURE INNOCENCE

(Michael Sutton, R. 2005). Sdlg. NN-55-A. TB, 34" (86 cm), ML.
White self, S. palest lavender at base; beards white tipped yellow, white flounces; heavily ruffled; slight sweet fragrance. Wide Hips X American Eagle. Sutton 2006.

JPEG image

Pure Innocence

Adam Cordes
<x-tad-smaller>President - Mio Irisarians</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>www.mioiris.org</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Region 6</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Zone 4 (and a half . . .</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>J</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>)</x-tad-smaller>