Re: Re: Where have all the images gone
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: Where have all the images gone
  • From: Robert Pries <robertpries@embarqmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:36:54 -0500 (EST)

Linda; You could be right that people who have been contributing photos have tapped their image collection to the max. There are 30,000 images on the wiki. But considering Daves Garden has more I am sure many people have hardly begun. I am extremely thankful for everyone who has helped. I should pass along that many people have found this reference useful and said so. I am sure many more have never commented. I am a sucker for statistics and research. One of the interesting things I have found is how much people use the wiki. It varies from month to month but most months see as many as 50-100 times the visitors as any other Iris site with the exception of Shreiners. Because the wiki sends people to each of the sections and cooperating societies it is beneficial to all those groups to make their area of the wiki as nice as possible. Sadly as organizations the sections have not really taken! advantage of this free advertizing.