Re: TB: HIST: Unknown Iris

Mickey asks...

> > Can anyone give me a clue as to what iris this might be?

Amitola (Hans Peter Sass, 1936) is the closest match that I can come
up with by comparing your photo and my 'stock photos'. However,
Amenti (H.P. Sass, 1936) would seem to be a closer match just judging
from the written descriptions in catalogs. They are sibs.

I ran both of Mickey's photos into Photoshop, went to the RGB
histogram  ('Image --> Adjust --> Levels') and adjusted the white
point and black point. This gives a much truer color in the image
even if you don't have a clue as to what the original in the flesh
looked like. I cropped both pics, unsharp masked each, reduced
resolution to optimum monitor viewing res, adjusted image size to
match and merged the two pics.

I then put the result up on the HIPS website
[http://www.worldiris.com ] on the 'Unknowns' page.

Mike,  mlowe@worldiris.com   --   http://www.worldiris.com
South Central Virginia, USA; USDA Zone 7A

Find long lost high school friends: